Monday, October 26, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Spicy Wifey wants all women and men to be aware of their breast health and want to encourage your awareness and support of the fight against breast cancer. Today, there is more hope than ever for people facing breast cancer. However, there is much work to be done to find promising new treatments, increase awareness about the importance of mammograms, help all women get access to screenings and care, and connect those impacted by the disease with the information, day-to-day help, and emotional support they need to wage their battle against breast cancer.
One of the earliest signs of breast cancer can be an abnormality that shows up on a mammogram before it can be felt. The most common signs of breast cancer are a lump in the breast; abnormal thickening of the breast; or a change in the shape or color of the breast. Finding a lump or change in your breast does not necessarily mean you have breast cancer. Additional changes that may also be signs of breast cancer include:
- Any new, hard lump or thickening in any part of the breast
- Change in breast size or shape
- Dimpling or puckering of the skin
- Swelling, redness or warmth that does not go away
- Pain in one spot that does not vary with your monthly cycle
- Pulling in of the nipple
- Nipple discharge that starts suddenly and appears only in one breast
- An itchy, sore or scaling area on one nipple
Do you do monthly self exams? Share you tips and stories on your participation in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Makeup does not mean you need to look like you have it on, it is simply to enhance your natural beauty.
- Always moisturize your skin before applying your makeup in the morning. Find a good moisturizer that will also double as a lip moisturizer.
- To save time, apply a concealer around your eyes and blend to hide any dark circles, or minimize any puffiness for a well rested look.
- Now a dusting of loose or pressed powder will give you a finished look.
- Adding a cream blush with a little sheen will add color, and brighten up your face for an all day finished look.
- You can save more time by using your cream blush as a natural lip color. Simply use your finger to apply to your lips.
- [Make sure to apply eyeliner.] Not only does this add color to your eye makeup, but it gives you the bright-eyed appearance you long for. Skip the bottom lashes as this can close the eye and make dark circles reappear.
- Apply a touch of a neutral cream eye shadow color to the lid and blend.
- Complete the look with a light coat of mascara and your eyes will look great!
The biggest thing to remember about quick, superb makeup is that you really do get what you pay for. It is better to pay for makeup that will last throughout the day without reapplications, then to spend the day adjusting your makeup.
Thanks Mommy Fashionality! For the complete post and more for moms who love fashion and style, check out this post “Ready Set Makeup!!!” and more at: http://mommyfashionality.wordpress.com.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Another one of The Five Love Languages is physical touch. We spoke on Quality Time…engaging in uninterrupted, distraction free time together. We’ve talked about Words of Affirmation, the love language of a person who responds to verbal compliments, encouragement and verbal reaffirming. Now a person whose primary love language is physical touch would much rather have you hold them and be silent than offer any advice.
Now let’s get to the juicy part…the touching, hugging, kissing, rubbing, caressing, holding, massaging…well you get the point. Learn what type of touch your partner likes it makes a difference. Per Gary Chapman, the author of The Five Love Languages, “it is important to remember that this love language is different for everyone. What type of touch makes you feel secure is not necessarily what will make your partner happy. It is important to learn each other’s dialects. That way you can make the most of your hugging, kissing, and other physical contacts.”
Here are 10 suggestions for showing physical touch:
1. Hold hands when walking from the car to the door of the store.
2. Riding in the car reach over and touch your spouse on the arm, stomach, thigh, or run your fingers through their hair.
3. While eating together let your knee or foot drift over and touch your spouse under the table.
4. Walk over and hug your spouse and tell them they are the greatest and rub their back and tell them how much you love them.
5. While your spouse is seated walk over and initiate an unannounced shoulder massage.
6. While sitting together in church and the pastor calls for prayer, reach over and hold your spouses hand.
7. Meet them at the door when they come home, or meet them at the car, or at the street and greet them with a hug and walk in the house together.
8. Run the water in the Jacuzzi or tub and announce to your spouse you are looking for your partner to join you.
9. Initiate sex by starting with a foot massage and then work your way all the way up!
10. When family or friends are present touch your spouse in front of them, hold their hand, give them a kiss on the check, or put your arm around them this will earn you double emotional points, as it says even when all these people are around I still see you.