Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spicy Wifey - Victoria Rowell!


As we strive to inspire and empower you in the New Year, Spicy Wifey will bring you stories of "Real" Spicy Wifeys! Each week, we will highlight Spicy Wifeys and couples we all know and love. Be sure to let us know what your thoughts are too!
Victoria Rowell
Actress, dancer, activist, philanthropist, New York Times Best Selling Author, Mother and Spicy Wifey is best known for her role as Drucilla Winters on CBS daytime soap, The Young & the Restless.

You may have heard, the blogs are buzzing with talk of Victoria joining the cast of the Bravo hit series, The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Well, her addition to cast would add a healthy dash of flavor to the show! MARRIED housewife Victoria, successfully balances career and family, cooks and drives a pick up truck- can you believe it?

Victoria has been busy with a successful writing career since her departure from The Young & the Restless. Her novel, All the Women Who Raised Me is a New York Times Best Seller, details her experience growing up in foster care. Her newest piece, Diary of a Soap Opera Diva is
pre-selling on Amazon.com and is selling like crazy! Book tour coming soon to a city near you!

Victoria recently married mixed media artist, Radcliffe Bailey! They are often seen together on the red carpet and in their communities. So the story goes...the couple was introduced at an arts festival by LaTonya Richardson (wife of Samuel Jackson) and the two have been inseparable ever since.
Together, this Spicy couple is bringing flavor to the married lifestyle!

6 comments:

Mrs.2cents said...

I didn't realize she got married. I was wondering how she was going to be Housewife. Ih but most of those ladies aren't married on that show anyway I guess. She is to classy to be on that show I think. I do miss her as Drucilla.

I also didn't now she was a writer, so I will ceck out her books. Best Seller-thats so cool. My Mom and grandma watched her too on Diagnosis Murder too.

Her and her husband look really in love. Hollywood marriages typically have a rough time, so I wish them luck. Good to hear the spend a lot of time together. She is so real, driving a pick up truck and cooking for her family. Might be cool to see on the housewives afterall.

Spicy Wifey said...

Your comment is so right Mrs.2cents! Hollywood marriages do have their own unique challenges...marriage is difficult enough without the distractions and pressures of press & media.

Victoria is a class act! And if the rumors are true and she does join the cast of the show, it will be a refreshing change to see a married, yes, married wifey on the show! And one that dabs in the domestic realm- I'd love to see her cook for her family and toting her groceries in her pick up truck!

Thanks for sharing your 2 cents!

Quin, Spicy Wifey Co-Founder
bringing flavor to the lifestyle!

Natalie said...

I love Victoria Rowell! She will always be Drucilla to me :-) Way to represent for the Real Wifeys. Congratulations to her and her new hubby.

Anonymous said...

Me too, Natalie! She will always be Drucilla. I think she may come back because they never found her body on the show!
But seriously, ATL housewife...she is way too talented for that. Those ladies are a joke.
I too, wish her and her husband the best. I googled him and he is very talented too. They also have kids and blended families is another real challenge they face in addition to being famous. Victoria seems to stay out of the tabloids, so she may be cool.

Spicy Wifey said...

Happy New Year! May it be blissful and Spicy! Celebrate infinite possiblities in 2010

Quin Patterson, Co-Founder
bringing flavor to the lifestyle!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I always liked Victoria Rowell aka Drucilla. I loved how her character transformed from the rough life to the glamorous life, yet she was always a real chick....Dru was my girl, and I loved her with Shamar....I have mixed feelings about her being an ATL housewife, I don't want her reputation that she has established to be turned into a drama queen....Although she probably could set NeNe straight.

Congrats on her marriage and she would be the different housewife who's not depending on other folks to take care of her family (excluding Kandi).